Halloween night comes but once a year. But Halloween-related events? Like ghosts in a graveyard, family-friendly holiday events are popping up in town everywhere, all month long! From longtime annual traditions to fun first-time events, we’re seeing Halloween creeping up everywhere!
So we stirred and stirred our Macaroni Kid potions in a cauldron until -- boom! -- this list of spooky and not-so-spooky kid-friendly events happening in our community in October appeared. Use it to plan some wickedly family fun, and make sure to share with all your fiendish friends! You won’t want to miss a thing! We've also included local fall festivals inside to enjoy with your family.
Halloween and Fall Events in Lincroft, Holmdel, Tinton Falls, Red Bank, Shrewsbury, Middletown, Colts Neck, Rumson, Fair Haven, Little Silver, Highlands, Atlantic Highlands, Sea Bright, Farmingdale, Wall, North Howell, and Howell are listed below. Simply click on each of the event names for full details!
Ongoing throughout the month:
- Brookdale Haunted Theater in Lincroft, October 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26 from 7-10:30pm and October 13, 20, 27 from 7-9:30pm $15
- Jersey Shore Ghost Tours - Red Bank, Fridays at 8:30pm from September 27th through November 8th, $12 adult, $10 children
- Jersey Shore Ghost Tours - Keyport, Saturdays at 8:30pm from September 28th through November 9th, $12 adult, $10 children
- Fright Fest, Six Flags Great Adventure Jackson, September 13 - November 3rd
- iPlay America Ultimate Halloween Happenings, Freehold, September 30 - October 31st
- The Great Pumpkin Train, Phillipsburg NJ, Weekends in October with 11am, 12:30pm, 2pm, and 3:30pm departures, $18/adult and $12/child
- Pumpkin Picking and Fall Celebrations, Dearborn Market in Holmdel, Weekends in October, 10am-5pm, $4 per person. For another $5, you can take a ride on their ponies.
- Fall Fest, A. Casola Farms, Holmdel, Special Fall Fest activities run from Sept. 23rd through October 31st. Night events until October 28, day events until October 31 and closing time will be 6:30. Haunted Hayrides to a Haunted Greenhouse, Corn Mazes, House of Horror, Pumpkin Picking, Cowboy Shows and a Petting Zoo.
- Witches, Wizards & Wands Festival at The Historic Village at Allaire, October 5th 11am-5pm $8 adults/$4 kid/under 6 Free
- Movies at the Mansion: Nosferatu (1922) with live music ,Strauss Mansion Museum - Atlantic Highlands, October 5th, 7:30 pm, $15
- “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” at Historic Village at Allaire, Wall, October 4th and 5th 7:30pm, $20 per person
- Holmdel Harvest Fest, Bayonet Farm in Holmdel, October 5th, 12-9pm, $10 per carload
- Tinton Falls Community Day, Sycamore Avenue Complex, Tinton Falls, October 5th, 2-6pm, Free
- Eyes Aglow on Halloween Painting, Pinot's Palette Red Bank, October 5th, 4-6pm $39
- Pier Fest in Pier Village, Long Branch, October 6th, 12-5pm, Free admission
- Halloween Craft Session for Grades K-5, Middletown Library, October 9th, 10:30-11:30am, Free
- "An Evening with Edgar Allan Poe" at The Historical Village at Allaire, Wall, October 11th and 12th 7:30-9:30pm, $20 per person
- Family Friendly Creatures of the Night Hayrides, Huber Woods Park, Middletown, October 11th and 12th, 4:30-8pm, $10/person, Under 3 Free
- Pumpkin Patch Party, Snapology of Monmouth County, Tinton Falls, October 11th, 11:30am-12:30pm, Ages 3-5, $15
- Saturday Story & Craft: Monster Mash, Middletown Library, October 12th, 11-11:30am, Ages 3 and up, Free
- Escape Snapology: Halloween Workshop, Snapology of Monmouth County, Tinton Falls, October 12th, 1-4pm, Ages 7-14, $45
- Haunted Woods: Adventure into the Woods, Tindall Park in Middletown, October 12th, 7-10pm, $5/person (benefits MHSN Seniors), Raindate 10/26
- Movies at the Mansion: "The Pit and the Pendulum" (1961), Strauss Mansion Museum, Atlantic Highlands, October 12th, 8pm, $15
- Pumpkin Fest, Delicious Orchards, Colts Neck, October 14th, 11am-4pm, Free admission
- Kids Creepy Crawly Cupcakes, Wall Library, October 16th 4:15-4:45pm, Ages 5-8, Free
- Howell-o-ween Spooktacular, Howell, October 16th, 5:30-8pm, Bring can/bag of pet food to be donated to local Humane Society.
- Thompson Park Day, Thompson Park in Lincroft, October 20th, 11am-5pm, Free admission.
- Family Friendly Creatures of the Night Hayrides, Huber Woods Park, Middletown, October 18th + 19th, 4:30-8pm, $10/person, Under 3 Free
- Fall Festival, St. Leo's in Lincroft, October 18-20th, 6pm, Free admission and $30 unlimited ride bands for sale or pay as you go.
- Jack O Lantern Jubilee at the Green, Lincroft, DATE TBA, 4:30-6pm, Free
- Haunted Allaire Scare! Haunted Hayrides and Village at The Historic Village at Allaire, Wall, October 18th + 19th, 6-9pm, $15/Adult, $10/kid under 12.
- Parent's Night Out: Halloween Party, Snapology of Monmouth County, Tinton Falls, October 19th 5-9pm, Ages 5-14, $45
- Boo at the Boardwalk, Point Pleasant, October 19th and 20th from 12-4pm, Free Admission but cost to rides and some activities
- Fair Haven Halloween Parade, October 20th, All Ages, Free
- Halloween Hullabaloo, Poricy Park, Middletown, October 19th, 4-7 PM, Free Admission
- Boo at the Boardwalk, Point Pleasant, October 20 & 21 from 12-4pm, Free Admission but cost to rides & some activities
- Red Bank Halloween Parade, Line Up at Irving Place and Arthur Place, Red Bank, October 20th 1:00pm, Free
- Halloween Magic Show: Magic, Myth, and Monsters with Steve Woyce, Wall Library, October 23rd 4:15-5:15PM, Free
- Wall Township Free Trunk or Treat, 2600 Belmar Blvd, Wall, October 24th 6-8PM, Free
- Mad Science Halloween, Monmouth Musem in Lincroft, October 25th, 6-7pm, All Ages, $18-$20
- Gymboree Halloween Costume Party, Red Bank, October 25th, 3:30 or 5:30 slots available, Ages 0-5, $20
- Haunted Allaire Scare! Haunted Hayrides and Village at The Historic Village at Allaire, Wall, October 25th + 26th, 6-9pm, $15/Adult, $10/kid under 12.
- Family Friendly Creatures of the Night Hayrides, Huber Woods Park, Middletown, October 25th + 26th, 4:30-8pm, $10/person, Under 3 Free
- Trick or Treat Around the Park at iPlay America, Freehold, (must pre-register, link inside) Friday October 25th 5-8 pm, Free
- No Tricks All Treats Halloween Bag Workshop at AR Workshop in Red Bank, October 26th, 3-5:30pm, $15 and up
- Monster Mania Workshop, Snapology of Monmouth County, Tinton Falls, October 26th, 1:30-3:30pm, Ages 5-10, $30
- Sea Bright Trunk or Treat with Pumpkin Painting and Games, Municipal Lot Sea Bright, October 26th 1pm, Free
- Boo at the Boardwalk, Point Pleasant, October 26th and 27th from 12-4pm, Free Admission but cost to rides & some activities
- The Pumpkin Carving King Painting, Pinot's Palette Red Bank, October 27th, 3-5pm $39
- Trunk or Treat, Luther Memorial Church, Tinton Falls, October 27th, 3pm, Free
- Rumson Halloween Parade and Party, DATE TBA from 3:15-5pm, Free
- Boo Bash N' Splash, Goldfish Swim School Middletown, October 27, 2-4pm, $5 per child; 2 years and under are free
- Gymboree Halloween Costume Party, Red Bank, October 28th, 4pm, Ages 0-5, $20
Oct. 30 and 31:
- Halloween Parade (Allergy Safe) for All Ages, Middletown Library, October 31st 10-11am, Free
- Fall Fest, A. Casola Farms, Holmdel - Day Events only until 6:30pm. Prices Vary.
Please note: This guide will be updated as info about more events comes in, so bookmark it and check back often to make sure you don't miss out on any Halloween family fun in our community! Not subscribed to our free weekly e-newsletter of local family fun? Now's the time - subscribe here!
Don't see a family-friendly Halloween event listed here that you know about? Drop me a line at email@example.com with the details!