Music Together Coastal Melodies (formerly Manda's Music Together) is proud to offer Music Together Family Classes. Celebrating five years of offering classes to families in our area, they have expanded to offer multiple class options: Mixed Ages (0-5 years), Babies (0-8months), Generations, (0-5 years with the addition of residents from an assisted living facility), and Rhythm Kids (Level 1 is for 4-5 years and Level 2 is for 5-8 years). They've also expanded to multiple class days and times to accommodate as many families as possible into the program.
Music Together class follows the recommendations of child development researchers, grouping children of a variety of ages in one class. This approach fosters natural, family-style learning where younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones; and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together.
Each child participates at his or her own developmental level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, observing, or exploring musical instruments. We welcome the whole family to join in this important family music experience, and any caregiver—parents, grandparents, other relatives, babysitters, nannies—can bring the child(ren) to class.
•Locations include Tinton Falls, Lincroft, Little Silver, Ocean Township, Ocean Grove, Belmar and Sea Girt.
•Fully trained, registered Music Together teachers lead groups of six to twelve children and their parents or caregivers in forty-five minutes of music and movement experiences.
•Each weekly class offers a dozen songs and rhythmic rhymes, including fingerplays, small and large movement activities, and instrument play.
•Children and their adults have opportunities to create and improvise during the class by making up new words to songs, offering movement ideas, making silly sounds, and sharing musical ideas from the families' play at home.
•The relaxed, playful, non-performance oriented group setting respects and supports the unique learning styles, developmental levels, and temperaments of all participants, creating a strong sense of community.
•Each 10 week semester includes:
- 10 weekly 45-minute classes teaching a NEW song collection every fall, winter and spring. There are nine fabulous song collections in all!
- New CDs each semester with the songs, rhythm chants, "play-alongs," as well as tonal and rhythm patterns used in class.
- Our newly designed songbook filled with colorful illustrations and family activities to enjoy at home.
- An exclusive digital download code for each family which provides digital versions of the songs and exclusive access to the online Family Music Zone!
- Parent education resources and online resources.
- Unlimited make up classes!
View our current schedule at this link. Make sure to tell us you saw it on Macaroni Kid.